Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Today I get down to the business of regular posts and letting you all know what goes on in my life from day to day. Springtime is slowly arriving in Ohio. The temperatures don't seem springlike - this morning's low was in the 20s. But more birds are arriving each day and beginning to sing their spring songs and some of the earliest flowers are blooming and trees are budding. Early this morning Mom and I went on our daily exercise walk. We walk on sidewalks in our neighborhood. We're lucky enough to live in a place where it's safe and relatively quiet for dog walking. We have a long walk (a little over 3 miles) and a short walk (about 2 miles) - today we did the long. I was a perfect dog for probably 80% of our walk today - hanging out on a short but loose leash right next to mom! Close to the end of our walk a couple cars got the best of me and I had to let out a few barks! (Sorry, mom, I just couldn't help it!).

Mom is teaching me new tricks all the time - cool! I am good at most of them and very quick to learn them - don't like to brag but it's true! Last night we started working on "are you shy?" Mom put something sticky (called tape) on my muzzle and I immediately swiped at my nose with my paw to try to get it off. I must've done something right because mom said "yes!" and gave me a treat. Am I getting a treat for getting that stuff off my nose? I admit that I am a little confused about this one and will need some more help from mom! (Ask me to wave! That's one I am sure about!)

After lunch we are going to grandpa and grandma's for a visit and for Easter dinner. I love going to their house. Grandma always leaves a surprise in my food dish for me and gets out all my favorite toys. They have a really big house with a fun basement and intriguing upstairs, and I have to check them out each time I am there. When the weather is good mom takes me out to run and run in their huge grassy yard (on my flexi of course - grandpa's yard isn't fenced in like our's is - maybe some day grandpa will fence in his yard for me - that would be so awesome!)

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Gotta zoom!


Ricky

1 comment:

Cat, Tessie, & Strata said...

Hi there!

I wanted to add you to the IASF blogroll, but your e-mail address is hidden in your profile!

E-mail me at undisputedkennels at yahoo dot com and I will add you to the readers list ASAP. :)