Monday, February 8, 2010

A Yummy Bone and 10 Things

I was the luckiest dog in the world yesterday when mom gave me my very first raw beef marrow bone! Mom is pretty squeamish about such things and I was under strict orders to STAY on that towel but it didn't take away from the joy of chewing on that bone! It had amazingly good marrow inside and delicious strands of meat and fat on the outside. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!



El'bow and Hauwaii and Eva asked us last week to list the 10 things that make me happy - so I have been thinking and thinking about what 10 things I want to list. Yesterday I would've said that marrow bone was the one and only thing that makes me happy -BOL!

Here goes:

1. Barking - just like my friend Misty, I love to bark and will use any occasion to do it

2. Jumping - not necessarily agility jumping, but jumping in the air out of excitement

3. Squirrels and cars - no need to explain

4. Chicken!! - actually almost any food I have tried except bananas and oranges

5. My backyard neighbors - 3 terriers (2 Cairns and a Westie) - especially the black Cairn - I'm obsessed with him

6. Learning new tricks - (of course this is related to #4)

7. Off-leash walks

8. Trips to grandma and grandpa's

9. Going to my favorite pet store - Pet People rules!

10. Blogging - this is really the #1 thing that makes me happy! I love all my blogging friends and feel very fortunate to have all of you in my life!

Gotta zoom!

Ricky

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy Yummy, the marrow bone looks so yummy! You're so lucky, Ricky :0)

Diana said...

Looks like a good bone. My dogs cant handle the marrow in those bones. It gives them diarrhea. ( just what you wanted to hear. LoL )Diana

Chris and Ricky said...

Diana - mom was worried about that too and so she scraped out more than half of the marrow that was in the bone. Now we're waiting to see if it gives me any problem - so far so good! :)

Sam said...

Mmm. That looks good. I've got to brave up and give Marge some raw meaty bones too. I think it would do wonders for her teeth.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

ummmm, marrow bones are great and another favorite of ours is ribs, we get ribs and cut them apart, the make good chewers, and a lot of ribs dont have that much meat-those are the best if you are just going for chewing.

Ricky I can see why those things all make you smile. It sounds like you have a very good life, all dogs should have such great things to brighten their days.

Kapitein Haakje said...

your are the luckiest dog :D

Kissslobbers

El'bow & Hauwii

Sara said...

Oh you're a lucky dog Ricky!

We love your #10! We love you too Ricky!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Don't furget to have your mom make woo a bonesikhkle when woo are all done with that!

YUMMY YUMMY NOM NOM!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Natasha said...

Mmmmm, Mika and Wall-e are envious of your big juicy marrow bone. They would have bones every day! They haven't had raw marrow bones before, though; it's something I've been meaning to try for years, but never seemed to get around too. They LOVE their raw chicken necks, though!

What a great list too. Just reading the list would make Wall-e happy! We feel lucky to have you as a friend too Ricky! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Ricky - I can so share your feelings about a marrow bone!! I go into a trance when I'm trying to suck the marrow out...! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Dawn said...

Looks like you enjoyed your bone! Did you finish it in one day?

Love your favorite 10 list...lots of stuff Katie loves too!

PS: She's never going to get a marrow bone, so don't tell her about them, OK?! LOL

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Yum Ricky! I can so share your joy! Delicious. I liked your list. We is very similar!
~lickies, Ludo

Morganne said...

Ricky,
Tell your Mom that Knuckle bones are really good too! Sage and Summit especially like Buffalo knuckle bones.

Fizz said...

Yummy yummy :) Looks like you were really enjoying that bone.

Your 10 things are great - I can't believe I forgot to put barking on my list!!

Fizz xx