Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

This Valentine's Day marks our one-year anniversary of trialing! Yep, one year ago today I made my AKC agility trial debut! I ran in Nov A JWW and Nov A STD and Q'ed and got first place in both!



In the past year I have done 9 standard runs - 3 Nov. STD, and 6 Open STD (2 Q's and 4 NQ's) and 11 JWW runs - 3 Nov.JWW, 5 Open JWW (3 Q's and 2NQ's - bad sand surface), and 3 Exec. A JWW - all resulting in my NA, NAJ, OAJ, and AXJ titles! We took a lot of classes and practiced in the backyard where we focused mainly on getting me to run faster and to enjoy the game. It seems to be working. Our last trial day was January 3 - here's the video:





So we're very excited to get started on our second year of trialing - our first chances are March 7 and then March 13-14. Then we have a couple days in April. Not sure how many trials we'll get to this year - they are not being held at the horse barn where we started trialing any more and so we have to travel farther. And I'm not sure how much money we will have to spend on trials. For now, besides having fun whenever we go, our goals this year are to get my AX and maybe my MXJ (but we are 10 Q's away from that and so a more realistic goal might be to get 5 Q's in Exc. B JWW).

Hope you all have a very special Valentine's Day - I send lots of licks and even a hug or two (not a fan of cuddling but I make an exception on VD Day) to all my blogging buddies!

Gotta zoom!

Ricky


9 comments:

Sam said...

Wow - I hope our debut is as successful as yours. Our entry went in the mail today - it's all so exciting..

Congrats on your first year and here's to a lot more success this year!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Khongrats on your TrialAversary!

Happy Valentine's Day to ALL of WOO!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sara said...

Oh just look at how far you've come in a year Ricky! I'm so proud of you and your mom. Remember how the chute was the most stressful thing for you? Not anymore.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Diana said...

Congratulations on such a successful year. Heres to another one. Diana

Dawn said...

What a year Ricky! Look how much faster you are! And you're not afraid of ANYTHING now! Plus it looks like fun, that's the best part. Just you and your Mom running and jumping, can't ask for anything better!

Have a very sweet Valentines Day with your family. Katie sends nose kisses.

Natasha said...

This is an extra-special day for you and your mom! Happy 1st anniversary of trialing!!

Wall-e isn't a fan of cuddling either, lol. Happy VD to you too!

Lian said...

WOW! One year of trialing, that's a great result! You are getting better and stronger and more confident each time! Well done! We wish you all the best in the future and more Qs!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I know there will be lots of fun things for Ricky in the coming year and we here in CA can not wait to see what Ricky has in store for his second year into trialing.

Marie said...

What a great first year of trialing! I'm sure it's just the beginning of many more years of agility fun with your mom. :-)