Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just a quick post

I had the best class of my life last night - for me, I was fast! Mom set me up at the startline each time and said "Ready, set, go!" and I went (not super fast, but fast for me)! We did some really fun sequences with harder jumps and weave entries. I got a weave entry with mom doing like a post turn from maybe 4:00 (not sure if I am describing it right) - and I got it on my first try and everybody in my half of the class cheered! Then they cheered when I got a lateral send to the tunnel and when I ran full out on a straight line jump sequence to end a set! I was pretty happy and mom was ecstatic! We think agility rocks!

In our Monday class, we ran a JWW course - set up for people who are competing in excellent. So it was much more difficult than what we are used to. It was very fun and challenging. The worst part was that mom had trouble remembering the course - but in fairness to her, she didn't have much of a chance to walk it.

Mom sent in the entry for our next AKC trial - April 4th. We decided to just do one day again. Mom says she has trouble writing out the check for two days of trialing! We just don't know how people run multiple dogs!

Mom tried practicing measuring with me at the class last night - she thinks she got a measurement under 14" - but she wasn't sure she was doing it right. At least she got me to relax a little during the process. I have definitely lost some weight - maybe that is helping.....

Time for my morning walk and then mom has to go to work!

Gotta zoom!

Ricky

9 comments:

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Yeah Ricky! Way to go you! I casnot wait to hear all about you running in the trial and putting your new super speedyness to good use.
~lickies, Ludo

Diana said...

WooHoo!!!! Diana

Dawn said...

YEEEEEAAAAA RICKY!!

Irish Hill Shelties said...

Way to go Ricky!! You are a natural with agility.

Sara said...

Awesome job Ricky! Sounds like you are having a blast!

Cowspotdog said...

They will be calling you road-runner ricky soon.....Beep Beep and whosh you are off! I bet you are going to do great at the next trials

Lian said...

Well done Ricky! I guess you must be confidence now! YEAH! WTG!!! Looking forward to hearing your new trial!!

Marie said...

Wow! Sounds like a super fun class. I think maybe you're right, maybe being on a diet has sped you up a bit. I know that everyone here runs faster when they aren't carrying extra weight. :-)

Can't wait to hear how your next trial goes...

Johann The Dog said...

Hey Ricky! Sounds like your getting some confidence buddy! That's great!