Monday, April 7, 2008

Today is my Gotcha Day!

Today is the one year anniversary of my Gotcha Day! Mom says she can't believe a whole year has gone by. Last April 7 mom and dad drove 3 hours northeast of here to pick me up. The photo above shows me and my two sisters. The weather was horrible - cold and even snowy - and I had never been outside before (having been born in February in NE Ohio). Mom remembers bringing me home and taking me outside to potty and seeing me shiver in the cold wind. But I was a real trooper and started learning lots that very first day. I started learning to go potty outside, to sit for my dinner, and to like being in my crate. My very first night in my new home, I went to bed in my crate without so much as making a sound and slept from 10:00PM until 2:00AM, went out to potty with mom, and slept until 6:00AM. And the rest is history!

Today's weather is way different from this time last year! It has been sunny and warm (72ish). I have played outside for most of the day. We did a little training - mom was trying out our new table and teeter. Mom tried to get some photos of me with her daffodils in the front garden - here is one that turned out ok. (I wouldn't look at mom when she was taking the picture because I was too busy watching the street to see if any cars would go by!)


Tonight is our 5th pre-agility class. And Thursday night we start another obedience class! Cool! I love going to these classes and learning new things (it doesn't hurt that there are always lots of treats involved!).

Gotta zoom!


Ricky

3 comments:

Urban Smoothie Read said...

hi ricky, i read about u from johann's blog..

happy gotcha day to u...

u looks like a tiny hamster in that 1st pic...

Chris and Ricky said...

Hi Pacco!

Thanks for checking out my blog! Mom and I read your's too! I guess I did look like a hamster - I was only 3 1/2 pounds!

Johann The Dog said...

Happy belated Gotcha Day Ricky! I remember my first gotcha day...did you read about it in my blog archives? It was a big bash!!!!

I sure hope you had a great day little fella (cause you are littler than me). Being got is just about the best!

Woofs, Johann