Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dax is already a star!

Remember the little border collie puppy Dax that my mom shamelessly played with while she was on vacation in San Diego and I was pining away for her at grandma and grandpa's last month? He would be my uncle Dax, I guess. Any way, he is the already the star of his own video! He is learning how to be a great obedience dog like his brothers Kyle and Kellan. Check him out - he is doing so well and it is really cool to be able to see a master obedience trainer at work with a puppy!





My vet Dr. Jan called yesterday to hear how I was doing. Mom told her I am full of energy and that on Tuesday, I took off in the backyard to chase the mailman at the fence and was running super fast and jumped a hosta with full extension - I flew through the air and it felt so good! Dr. Jan told mom to start trying me just a little with low jumping. So I got to do some warm up tricks - fun! - and then did some recalls to heel over an 8 in. jump and it was AWESOME! I was so very happy to be doing something again! I still have a lot of resting to do but I think I get to do a little more jumping later today. Guess only time will tell if I am healed or not.

Gotta zoom (soon)!

Ricky

11 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY! I'm so happy you're feeling much better now. You gave us quite a scare :) Just be careful and don't do too much agility just yet.

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Glad you got to zoom a little Ricky! Chasing the mailman just casnot be missed huh?
~lickies, Ludo

pee ess! Cute Dax!!

Marie said...

Thanks for sharing the video of Dax, he is a star already. :-) Too fun to see the foundation work for all the advanced skills starting with a tiny puppy.

Woohoo about the go ahead to do a bit of jumping and activity! Take it slow and I hope that you're rest did the trick! :-)

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

OMG I LOVE Catherine Zinsky!! I'm sooooo jealous that he gets to train with her. I WISH I lived on the west coast to be able to. That's so, so cool!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Thanks fur sharing that!

How khool!

I hope your mom has furgotten much since she's been on her restrikhted routine ;-)

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sara said...

Dax is so cute.

I'm glad you're starting to feel better Ricky! Have fun!

Dawn said...

Glad you're feeling better RIcky! Be careful not to over-do too soon!

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling more like your old self, Ricky! But hey - take it slowly to begin with, won't you? :-) Maybe just zooming in slow-mo!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Diana said...

What a cute little puppy!! Im so glad Ricky is doing well. I cant wait for Miley to be able to do something. Diana

Natasha said...

I love fuzzy puppies, Dax is adorable.

Yay for you doing so much better and feeling so great! I'm smiling picturing you chasing that mailman.

Sagira said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Ricky. Bet it felt good to run and jump! :)