Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tricky T-Day

It's Thursday so here is our Tricky T-Day video! This is my newest trick - dig! We used a post-it on the floor for me to target to start out. It didn't take long for me to dig since it's a well-known motion any way. Next mom wants to get me to dig with both paws, but we're not sure how to go about doing that.







On Tuesday we went to our second handling class. It went well and we worked on lateral sends. Mom also asked the instructor what to do about discriminations and the fact that I don't really know (or listen to) the obstacle names. She said the only obstacle I really need to know the name of is tunnel. Mom needs to use her body language to help me to go to the correct obstacle. Then if there are contact obstacle/tunnel discriminations and mom says "tunnel" I had better go for the tunnel!!!! So we are practicing this week - starting out with me standing right in front of the tunnel and then backing up a little and then from different angles. I am doing very well if tunnel is the only thing around. Once another obstacle is near-by then I want to do that one. Guess it will take some time.

Last night was our last novice competition class. We went early and got to practice the chute. I am happy to say I went flying through it. Then when we had the chute in sequences during the class, I also went through with no problem. Now if I can just do that in a trial!

Speaking of trials - we are running on Friday and Saturday this weekend - AKC in the good old horse barn! Two runs per day - JWW and STD. This is my third trial and the first time we are trying to run two days. Friday is supposed to be very hot and humid so mom is worried about how we will hold up. (Although she sees me chase plenty of squirrels in super hot weather so I should be able to do some agility too)!

Gotta zoom!


Ricky

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Cute trick Ricky! What will the Mom think of next? Good luck with your trials this weekend! I know you can do it! Just run through that chute, and HAVE FUN!!

Diana said...

Well done on the trick. Good luck with you trial this weekend. Diana

Cowspotdog said...

that was an excellent new trick......and having taught you how to do that your mom can't complain if she find any holes in the garden BOL !!!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry good work AGAIN!

I think that means 't'reats fur woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sara said...

Awww, the dig trick is so cute! You sure are creative with your tricks!

Good luck at your first two day trial - I'm sure you'll do great!