Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Weave practice and some other stuff

We finally got the video to upload to YouTube. We ended up changing our browser to Google chrome on dad's advice. It worked but now our font is all different! And mom can't figure out how to change it! Any way, we put all 12 of our weave poles back in the ground and did a little practicing yesterday. The view of the poles isn't that great but hopefully you can see that I'm getting a little faster.

We have been pretty busy this week - we're doing lots of yard work and gardening since the weather has been so nice! I helped mom weed every where and then put out bag after bag of mulch. Last year we didn't mulch at all so it really needed to be done this year. I think it looks really good! Not to mention it all smells so good! I never get tired of going over and over the same areas just smelling and smelling.

The other day mom came home with a new toy - a Flip video camera! It is really cool and small and easy to use. She got the Utra HD and put a couple of test videos on YouTube to try out the Flip software. The only thing is their software is very basic and limited. So to get nicer editing, she wants to keep using Windows Movie Maker. But the Flip people made it difficult to use other people's editing software and mom thinks she'll have to convert the file type the Flip uses to something else. (Are your eyes glazing over yet? Mine are!). We are going to take it to our agility class tonight and hope someone will video us! (The weaving video was made with our old camera).

About agility class, I never wrote about our class last week. It was the 2nd novice competition class but our 1st since I missed one when I had that pain in my neck/shoulder. Class was very fun - this time there are four shelties in it! I am the only one who jumps 12" though. Mom and I had a lot of fun. We got more advice on how to teach obstacle discrimination - specifically tunnel and dogwalk. I am inclined to take whatever obstacle is in front of me and I don't really listen to what mom says. So we need to work a lot on that. 


Ok, more problems with this blog format. I wanted to put the video at the top of the post and write all my stuff underneath it, but I haven't been able to. Oh well.  

Gotta zoom!

Ricky

9 comments:

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Woo Ricky! You doing soo good!!
Yep, barking does be fun. At my freestyle class they call me and the ricky-alike sheltie barky thing one and barky thing two.
~lickies, Ludo

Lian said...

WOW Ricky, you are looking very fast in the weave. Well done!

Sara said...

Ricky - you are getting speedy on those poles!!!! Nice!

Diana said...

WhooHoo!! Very nice. Diana

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

Furry good!

My mom is sitting here laughing at the thought of me evfur doing anything like that on khommand!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Marie said...

Wow Ricky! Those weaves are looking really nice. In fact, it looks like the weaves are one of your favorite things to do on the course. :-) That's super!

Anonymous said...

Good job Ricky! I'm most impressed :)

Jessie

Dawn said...

WAY TO GO RICKY! You look like you're having a blast! And you are SOOOOOOO much faster! Glad you're having fun! (Mom looks like she's having fun too!)

Cowspotdog said...

zoom zoom......you are just moving right a long there......but I have to mention.....you look like a little ball of fur weaving through the poles.....where are your legs??? BOL. you are definitely getting faster......but I want to know one thing.....can I have you back yard....that looks so nice with the shade and the birdies tweeting in the background.