Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mom's favorite present!

Mom tells me she is sorry because she forgot to take a photo of her favorite Christmas present so that I could tell you all about it! It's a pawprint of my paw!!! Dad helped me to make it so I could surprise mom for Christmas!

Dad made some mud (we decided to do this on a day when the ground was frozen so we had to make mud!) - he worked at getting the consistency just right - I had to keep putting my foot in it again and again until a clear pawprint was there. And then we put in some plaster of paris. After it dried, dad removed the plaster of paris from the mud and there was a cast of my paw!! Cool, huh?

I also gave mom a card with a tri-color chihuahua on it (closest we could get to a tri-color sheltie!) and when she opened it, dogs barked "jingle bells"! Well mom loved it all - the card and most especially the pawprint! But she says what she loved the most is that dad and I made it for her!

What will we do to top that next year????

Gotta zoom!

Ricky

10 comments:

Diana said...

What a great gift. An thoughtful too. Diana

Sara said...

Awwww, that is really sweet!

Amber-Mae said...

Wow! That's really neat! And what a nice gift.

Have a wonderful Happy New Year!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful gift to give to your Mom. Your Daddy is a kind man :) Thanks for sharing this with us!

Lian said...

What a great pressie! Lucky you!

Happy New Year!

Islay said...

That's beautiful! Some humans can do the neatest things! Happy Happy New Year - wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2009!

licks & puppy love,
Charlie

Dawn said...

Happy New Year Ricky, such a nice present you gave your Mom!

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

What a great gift. I bet your mum will love it forever. You is very clever and brave to put your foot in it. I is a bit scared of mud.
~lickies, Ludo

Johann The Dog said...

Very cool present! Bet there are big plans in the works to top that one :)

Happy New Year Buddy!

Woofs, Johann

Cowspotdog said...

That is the coolest present you made....you are such a clever little guy. I hope you and your ma and pa had a wonderful new year.....