Thursday, April 22, 2010

tRicky T-Day!

Today's tRicky T-Day trick is "snob"! I have been working on this for awhile and we have tried to make videos before that didn't turn out. This one is not even all that great. Mom would have to wear a head cam for you to get the full effect of my snobbery - LOL! Any way, I learned this with a hand signal - mom would at first hold a treat out to the side of my head and then just her hand. It took a LONG time for me to be able to turn my head and hold it there on the verbal cue only. Even now I some times need the hand signal (but not in this video)! Then we included "speak" which is super easy but I wanted you to see the contrast with my "whisper" which is harder! Don't ask me how mom got me to do that one - neither of us remembers!

Enjoy!





We are going to an agility trial tomorrow and Sunday (not Saturday since mom has to work). Wish me luck and mom wants you to send me positive thoughts regarding the chute/shoot!

Gotta zoom!

Ricky

PS. I just found out I won a Gold Star (see it over there on the right side of my blog?) for the comment I made on Sara's Wordless Wednesday photos yesterday! Guess I have inspired a contest! So go check it out and make sure to comment on her photo next Wednesday so you can win too!

11 comments:

Lian said...

Love your tricks, Ricky. Especially the whisper!

Good Luck this weekend at trial! More ribbons!

Diana said...

Cute tricks. Good luck this weekend!! Diana

Sara said...

The whisper is hysterical! Love the snob too.

Good luck at your trial! You've been getting better and better at each one, so I'm confident you are going to do great!

Pepper said...

Wow ricky I never knew you were such a snob! Love the whisper :)
Pepper & Em

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Those are some pawesome tRikhks!

Thanks fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Unknown said...

Ricky! You're so clever!!!! I especially loved your whisper! TOO CUTE!

Congrats on your gold star!!

Good luck for your trial tomorrow :) You'll do great!

Dawn said...

WOW! Your whisper was so quiet I couldn't even hear it! I'm going to go back and listen again with the sound turned up!

GOOD LUCK with that silly ole chute today and/or Sunday!! YOU CAN DO IT RICKY!!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Wonderful Chute thoughts being sent your way for sure! Hope you have a GREAT trial. That is a great trick, I love you calling that Snob, Liz does that but I called it posiing for a picture and her cue was say cheese, but I like be a snob much more, so cute, you are very clever, LOL! And Ricky you are a great trick doer!

Marie said...

Great tricks! Hope you have a great time at the trial today and we'll check back later to hear how it goes! I'm positive that you'll have lots of good news to report! :-)

Sagira said...

Wow Ricky, you're so smart!

Unknown said...

Hi Ricky,

Sorry I haven't been able to visit in ages but it's great catching up with you now! And that is a COOL trick! My human is really inspired - she may try to teach that to me too - it looks like something we could use in our dancing! (would be great for a Tango step - hee! hee!)

And I'm SO impressed with your Speak & Whisper tricks! I can't even learn to Speak properly! :-) My humans say I'm practically a mute dog and it's really hard to get me to bark at all to even mark it!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane