Friday, April 2, 2010

A Little Day Trip

Before I tell you about the outing we went on the other day, I have to apologize to Princess Eva - a few days ago, she tagged us to play the 5th photo game and we never did it! I am not a very good blogging-game player. So sorry! I did play this game once before so here is a link to my post about it - Tagged.

On Wednesday mom and dad took me to one of our metro parks - this one is almost an hour away from our house and when we go there, we feel like we have really gotten away from it all. I think I blogged about our trips there before but I must not have labeled them because I couldn't find them. It was a beautiful day - sunny and temperature in the 60s. The leaves haven't come out on the trees yet, so the view through the woods was amazing. The pet trail is a gravelly road (no cars allowed) up to the top of a ridge. We followed it and then followed a road/path off to the side that was probably private property but there was no sign saying "no trespassing!"

First we had lunch:
Mom and I ran around a little:
Then we started out on the trail - we were the only ones out there and had the woods to ourselves:
I think this bench commemorates someone's house and property that used to be there:
Mom and dad rely on me to lead the way:
This is the private road - look at all the green moss:
Can you tell how high up we are?
There was even moss in the road:

I could've walked forever but we eventually had to head back to the car. I sure can't wait to go there again some day!

Gotta zoom!

Ricky

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like a great place to go walking! No worries about the tagging, I love that picture of you doing weaves though. I bet you can't wait till summer comes!

D.K. Wall said...

We are notorious failures when it comes to the tags and awards, so no worries there. Loved the pictures.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I sooooo know the tagging 'feeling' -

I do my best but I don't even attempt to paw 'em along anymore!

Thanks fur sharing that great day with your mom and dad!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sam said...

What a beautiful park! It kind of reminds me of some sections of our woods. Glad you enjoyed your hike - you've got me itching to get back out there - it's so nice to be alone!

Sara said...

Oh no! I forgot all about Eva's tag too!!!! Oops.

That looks like a perfect day to me! I hope the beautiful weather continues.

Sagira said...

Hi! I read about your on my friend Khyra's page and wanted to stop by and say hi. Are you from Columbus? I am to! :)

Kapitein Haakje said...

woooooow nice trip

Kissslobbers
El'bow & Hauwii

Dawn said...

Very nice hike Ricky! I especially like that last picture, you are posing perfect there all alone in the woods. Bet you had to keep waiting for your parents to catch up, ey? Katie has to wait for me all the time too.

Are you still practicing your recalls? Did you recall for your Mom in this beautiful place?

Donna said...

The woods look very pretty. :)

Unknown said...

Wow - that looks like a great day out, Ricky!