Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday's class

Believe it or not, we went to class today!! It was the first class of a new 7 week session. I think we only went to 3 classes last session. Ridiculous. But today we got back on track. I was a very good boy. Mom warmed me up on the triple - I refused it the first time and then did all the rest including every one in the sequences. What is up with that first time? You only get one chance in a trial so mom keeps telling me.

Just one real thought from today. We did a 90 degree weave entry drill. Two jumps to the entry with dog on the left. The handler should drive straight forward to the second pole and let the dog find the entry on his own. At first the handler was allowed to go as close to the poles as she wanted but then she had to stay back farther each time. I got all my entries!

We did some sequences with a curved tunnel that had a smaller curved tunnel in the curve. So two tunnel entrances on each side! That was interesting. Mom needs to practice that with me (we only have one real tunnel but Jenn says to practice that's all you need - you just start bringing the entrances closer and closer together)- we didn't get it perfect but I want you to know that when Mom said, "Ricky!" I responded to my name!!!!!!

Now that the weather is finally improving (well it's raining but I guess that IS an improvement), videos showing fun elements from my class will be coming back so stay tuned! LOL!

Gotta zoom!

Ricky

10 comments:

Sara said...

Two tunnels? Thats an interesting idea! Oreo would have had a hard time with that!

You always have perfect weaves Ricky! Great job!

Cowspotdog said...

Wonderful ! It must be so good to finally get back to class and seeing all the dogies. You will be racing around in your green back yard in no time !

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Glad you finally got class, it sounds like you got some great work done, the two tunnels sound challenging!

Sagira said...

Where do you go to classes at again? :)

Amy Wood said...

Great job with the weave poles. I'm sure with a little practice you'll have the two tunnel thing down in a flash! Can't wait to see your future videos!

Amber-Mae said...

Good job with all your weave entries! 90 degree weave entry sounds hard. I can't do that yet!

Dawn said...

90 degree weave entries??? That sounds very hard to do!!! You're an agility star!!

Natasha said...

Scary on-side 90 degree entries, both of my dogs have trouble with those! Your mom has trained you well! :)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you got back to your class again and you did wonderfully!
You're so good at weaves, bravo!!!

Diana said...

We cant wait for you to teach us new things!!