Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Way behind in posting! (Playdate, wordless Wednesday, Tuesday class)

This would be my wordless Wednesday photo if this were a wordless post!

Somehow we have gotten way behind in our posting! Some days after we read everyone else's posts, we're tired of the computer and don't want to bother with our own posts!

Last Thursday, I had my very first agility play date with my friend Bindi Sue at her house! We take class with her and her mom. Bindi has an awesome backyard for agility and lots of nice new equipment - a rubberized teeter and aframe and nice weave poles. It was all made specially for her! She also has a new sister named Clever who is 11 (?) weeks old. Mom oohed and aaahed over her but I thought she was just a pain and a loud barker for such a little girl! LOL! I don't have much experience with puppies (and would like to keep it that way, thank you!) but Bindi had taught Clever some manners and at least she didn't jump on me or anything.

Mom wanted to get me to run to my target plate but I only saw the teeter, so that's what I did! Bindi tried to take off after me and at one point (not in the video) she actually did the teeter with me. I didn't like that! Then we got to the chute and you can see me not doing it! Mom ran with Bindi and then you can see that I DID do it! I was a little jealous of mom running with Bindi and giving her my chicken, but it didn't have a lasting effect on me as you can tell by my super-slow motion weaving. To be fair, it was very hot and humid even though it was only 10:00 in the morning.





We had a very nice time and want to say thank you again to Bindi and her mom for having us over! Mom realized that we definitely need to do much more of these activities because I was just not comfortable at all!

Our classes with Jenn have now moved to Tuesdays and yesterday we ran a course. It was full of challenges - lots of wraps around jumps that involved double fronts or backy uppies. I did ok except I skipped the teeter - mom moved laterally away to show me it was the teeter and not the dogwalk and I just slowed down and looked at her and walked right by the teeter (on the opposite side of it from mom). The only thing I did really well were the weaves - I think it's helping me to have the new weaves at home. So no real big class analysis this week - sorry. We did work on handling options for sections of the course that were difficult but you've heard it all before - LOL!

Gotta zoom!

Ricky

7 comments:

Diana said...

That is a great yard!! Maybe when you go to new places open the chute for Ricky the first few times and see if that helps. Dogs are so funny! Im glad you had a good time. Diana

Sara said...

Oreo would have had a difficult time doing much at a new place too. I thought Ricky did really well considering it was a totally new experience for everyone.

Memorial day threw my whole week off. I can't believe it is wednesday already.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Looks like a really nice yard, and how fun to be able to meet up with another class member, especially if they have a cute puppy to play with, LOL. Ricky you look marvelous in your summer photo!!!

Unknown said...

What a nice yard! Bindi and Clever are so lucky to have wonderful agility equipment just for them. Looks like Ricky had a lot of fun there! I can hear Clever barking away in the background :)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Nice pikh of woo and the flowers!

It looks like woo had fun!

(oh yes, khwite the noisemaker!)

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie
PeeEssWoo: Mom is taking her flashie beastie to the plant place tomorrow -I think I'll have her post it on Saturday or Sunday!

Sagira said...

An agility playdate???? That sounds like so much fun.

Was watching the video and Barkley (foster brother) started barking at the dog barking in the video. LOL

Marie said...

How fun! I have to say that the only thing that was missing was a picture of Clever! I was dying to see her.

It's so hard to work in new places. Layla and Raven have the same problem. I wish I had more motivation to get out and train in different places. Maybe I need to challenge myself to do it? Hmmm....