Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I'm limping!

Something happened to me maybe when I went outside after lunch. There is a lot of ice and hard frozen snow and I may have slipped. Mom noticed me limping - not putting weight on my right front foot/leg. Mom called my vet and she said I need crate rest and for mom to give me a low-dose aspirin and take me out to potty on a leash and then see if I am better tomorrow morning. Mom is really upset , I can tell. Right now I am being very quiet.........unusual for me.

So no agility practice tomorrow morning and maybe no trial either? Guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully this is nothing serious!

Gotta rest,

Ricky

9 comments:

Nicki said...

Get well soon!

Sara said...

Oh, poor Ricky. You take it easy like the vet said, and hopefully you will be feeling better in the morning.

We'll be thinking about you!!!

Cowspotdog said...

Little Buddy.....you are not allowed to be limping....you have your first agility trail coming up. You need massive doses of TLC, cuddles and rest. I went through a few months of this when I was about a year old, lots of x-rays and such but nothing would show up and eventually it stopped. They thought I was probably just pulling a tendon to much. I hope that is what is for you....and rest will help that.

Lian said...

Poor Ricky, hope that is nothing serious about your limping leg. Get Well soon and gets a lot of TLC from your mum and most of a good rest, then maybe you still be able to go to your trial.

Chris and Ricky said...

Thanks everybody - I'm resting so hopefully I'll feel better soon!

Diana said...

Dont worry if you cant go to your first trial. There will be many, many more. Its better to rest the leg to get it completely healed. I hope it gets better soon. Diana

Dawn said...

I agree with Diana, far better to get completely healthy, and then run a trial. Even though that would be disappointing if you don't go. But Ricky! Please get well soon! We're sorry to hear you're not feeling great. Maybe you cut the pad on your foot on some ice? Keep us posted!

Irish Hill Shelties said...

Hi Ricy saw your blog on Josh and Jess Hope you feel better real soon rest that ice can be dangerous. We have alot here too and have to be careful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ricky! Sorry to hear that :( I hope you'll be better tomorrow. Take extra care when you go potty, will ya?

Josh and Jessie