Friday, August 29, 2008

We're home!

We're home! Seems like we were gone a long time. We had a very good visit with my cousins and my aunt and uncle. First thing after we got there and made it through the usual pandemonium of all of us seeing each other again (I only see Wilson - he's my hero!), mom noticed that Sandy's eye looked funny. My aunt said she thought it was probably an allergy and she wasn't too worried about it. But mom was worried so my aunt called her vet and got an appointment right away and took Sandy in. Mom stayed with my cousins - that was fine by me because Wilson and I got to go outside and play fetch! (and you all know how I play fetch!) Here we are right before or after playing - I can't remember. Long story short about Sandy - we picked her up later in the day and the vet couldn't figure out for sure what was causing her third eyelid to show - her ear was all plugged up and they cleaned it out and gave my aunt some ear medicine. Hopefully that will help her eye too. At least an x-ray showed there was nothing serious!

After dinner we went to an ice cream place appropriately called "The Cone." Since I am such a little guy and so easily portable, I get to go places while my poor cousin Wilson has to stay at home. So there are advantages to being a small dog! Mom loves to go to The Cone because they have twist cones made of orange sherbet and vanilla soft-serve that she says taste exactly like something called a dreamsicle that she used to eat when she was a kid.

As you can see, there are also disadvantages to being a small dog:
Here is a photo of the three cousins - Wilson, me and Sandy - perfect angels all sitting quietly next to my aunt's fish pond - models of patience and obedience! (You can kind of see that Sandy's left eye doesn't look quite right.)
The next day I was lucky enough to get to go to the park - we walked on a trail around a big lake while one of my non-dog cousins rode her bike and my other non-dog cousin walked with us. At the end of the trail we stopped and fed the ducks.
So it was fun visiting my cousins and my aunt and uncle! I am a lucky dog to have such a great family. Hopefully it won't be long before we go to visit them again.

Gotta zoom!

Ricky

2 comments:

Cowspotdog said...

Wow Ricky.......you had sooooo much fun and Wilson and Sandy look like great cousins. I bet you were a lot zoomier than Wilson is that game of fetch:) You didn't say whether you got a little taste of ice-cream? I must admit I do like ice-cream but the mom will only ever give me a teaspoon of it which is hardly enough to get a real taste. When mom isn't looking though, dad gives the end of the cone which is nice and crunchy. Hope you have a great weekend little zoom zoom bud!

Anonymous said...

Hey, sounds like you had a pawesome time with your cousins! We never get to go anywhere because we get so car sick that it's no longer funny. Ma hopes that we will grow out of it someday so that we don't have to miss out on all the fun of going away togehter. Take care.
Josh and Jess