Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday Grandma! It is a rainy and boring day for me. We got in a walk this morning in the rain, but since then not a whole lot has been happening. It rained most of yesterday too. Mom set up a mini agility course for me in the living room yesterday. She put a dark colored bed sheet over the chute to make it heavier and darker and set up my broad jump and 4 weaves (plungers). We had fun doing that little sequence. The chute doesn't phase me at all - I even got stuck in it once and still had no fear or hesitation about it. Go figure.

Mom has also been working really hard on getting me to look up at her while we are heeling. It is working pretty well at least for about 10 steps or so. We are practicing with the dumbbell too. I am getting better at taking it and then holding it for 5 -10 seconds and then dropping it (into mom's hand as long as she has her hand there ready). But this is major improvement for me. Wonder how long it will take to get me to retrieve it?

We decided to wait until September to enroll in agility class again. We're going to try the new training club. Between now and then, though, I think we are going to take a couple private lessons there - we just need to set one up and see how it goes. We'll be great candidates for privates - no other dogs and people around to take my focus off what I am doing and no one to rush us (also no one to keep us waiting around either).

We hope you are all having a great day! Promise to post some new photos soon - the flowers are really benefiting from all of this rain and we'll take some pictures to share with you if the sun ever comes back out!

Gotta zoom!


Ricky

3 comments:

Johann The Dog said...

Hey Ricky! At least today was a nice day for ya. I'm super excited for you to take some private lessons, we loved them and learned so much so fast!

Have to say, I just don't know how you hold that thing in your mouth - I don't think I would be good at that.

BTW - Mum used a new treat with me today. Freeze dried green tripe, I flipped for it and it kept me running very speedy all weekend. Gracie really loves it too.

Woofs, Johann

i said...

Happy birthday to your grandma! Sounds like you had a good time.

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i'm working on the dumbell too... hope that we could both succeed in retrieving it soon..

if u doesn't hv any financial difficulties, private lesson will be great.