Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tricky T-Day

Ludo had a great idea the other day - he wants others to join in on his Tricky T-Day by posting videos (or pictures or words) about tricks they are working on or tricks they already know. T-Day can be Tuesday or Thursday. So today we are posting a very quick and short video showing a couple tricks I already know - cross paws and bang! I learned cross paws pretty quickly using a target, but bang! took me forever to learn. I knew what it meant but I wouldn't do it! I feel vulnerable when I have to lay on my side like that. So now I do it - but I won't perform the trick out in public yet.

We get most of our trick inspiration from watching YouTube videos. Some of our favorite channels include kikopup, zsianz1, yolle555, xsaricka, katsdogs, and justjesse197. We think it is absolutely amazing what all these dogs know how to do! Mostly these dogs are clicker trained - I'm not - mom didn't know about clicker training when she got me. She taught me a lot of my tricks by luring but she also uses "yes" as a marker word. She has been debating whether or not to start me on clicker training but for now we're just sticking with what we have been doing.

It's just a brief video but hope you enjoy it:






Gotta zoom!


Ricky

5 comments:

Dawn said...

WOW! He is so fast with his cross paws! And I laughed out loud after the Bang! command, when he rolled over, then a split second later, looked up to see if he was getting anything good!

I tried cross paws for awhile, Katie wasn't into it. Maybe I should try again.

Brittany said...

Lol, great video! He is very cute with bang. I never could get Hobbs to cross his paws either.

Sara said...

Nice job Ricky! Those are Oreo's two favorite tricks to do!

Diana said...

Very cute! Diana

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

Of khourse, the khross paws was my favourite!

Tank woo fur sharing your talents!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra