Saturday, May 23, 2009

Class video

We took the Flip camera to class on Wednesday night and one of our former instructors was there and she was nice enough to stay around and video us! It was not our fastest, bestest class ever, but it was neat to have the video. That way mom was able to remember the sequences we did so that we could set them up at home and practice!

In the first half of the class we worked on discriminations (easier ones than last week) and contacts. I did great until we had a sequence with the table - I found a treat that was left over from the puppy class that happens before our class - some little puppy's lost treat became my treasure! My teeter is monumentally slow but did you see how one of my dogwalks was pretty fast?

In the second part of the class we worked on weave entries and 270 and serpentines. I work on serpentines at home, but in class they always seem to be angled differently or something. The 270 is something we haven't worked on much, but we have it set up in the yard right now to practice. (Yesterday I wasn't getting it at all until mom moved the jumps closer together). Any way, mom watched a very good classmate during this half to see how she walked the sequences. This worked out well for mom and theoretically well for me but not practically for me. So mom still needs to figure out how to run the sequences to motivate me. If she just stands there and expects me to run ahead and do all the work, it's just not going to happen right now! So get in there and run and do some front crosses, mom! I also got pretty distracted in the second half of class - I was a little tired from being outside all day long I guess.




Well, we hope you all have a good long weekend! We're still enjoying really nice weather here - although the last couple days have been too hot for me! Thursday evening we went to a bbq/birthday party at a friend's house - very fun. Today we are going out to grandma and grandpa's for another bbq - this time my cousin Wilson will be there! I am really looking forward to seeing him! 

Gotta zoom!

Ricky

7 comments:

Sara said...

You did great in class Ricky. You had to do a lot of weaving! My goodness.

That camera takes great quality video. I'm going to have to look into getting one of those.

Hope you have fun with Wilson!

Diana said...

Great job. One way to get the dog to go faster is to use targets. Sent the dog to the target. That will usually speed them up as long as the target has value to them. Good job. Love the new camera. Does it do well from a distance? Like if you want to tape your run at a trail? Diana

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo did soooo well!

Tank woo fur sharing this!

It has been hot here too - I was afraid the little PF's were going to khook up there!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dawn said...

Hi Ricky! You did GREAT! You got to do a LOT of stuff at class. I laughed at how proud you looked of yourself when you finally came out of the chute! And your dog walk was very impressive. So are your weaves, you don't need your Mom to be very near you to do them! Silly Mom, you had already shown her how you could jump, toward the end you just didn't want to do anymore jumping! :) We love watching you! The camera is awesome!

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Great video Ricky! You look like you having lots of fun!!

Marie said...

Looks like you're doing a great job Ricky! I love the new camera, it took really nice quality video! One of these days I'm going to have to break down and get me a new one. Ours is ancient and I can't even get the video on the computer, only onto the tv to watch. It's a real bummer.

Johann The Dog said...

Yeah free treats! I love mopping the floor between runs during our classes, BOL!!! Nice practice, love the videos, woofs!