Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Test your dog

A little exercise from class today:

Put your dog on a stay 18' behind a jump. Walk up to the upright close enough to reach out and touch it. With shoulders facing forward, look at your dog and release him. You start moving laterally after the O in "Ok". Tell your dog to jump - or in my case - jumpjumpjumpjumpjumpjump - while continuing to move laterally but keeping your shoulders forward until the dog commits to the jump.

We got two tries. First time I didn't repeat "jump" and Ricky came with me. The second time I kept chanting "jump" and he did! 


10 comments:

Cowspotdog said...

so where are the pics of the little guy?

Sara said...

Cool! I'll have to experiment later.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Hi Ricky!!!! Bet you are the best student in class!!! You are so smart!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Hey Ricky, glad you got another good class! I am going to try the test....humm, wonder how we will do, I'm curious!

Unknown said...

The class sounds really good and I'm sure Ricky is a star in the class :)

Sagira said...

WHOO HOO go Ricky! Tempie pants starts her agility training tomorrow. That should be FUNNY!

Pippa Sheltie said...

Sounds interesting. Someone should try that with me!
Pippa :)

Dawn said...

That sounds complicated Ricky! As long as your Mom is very clear...like with the jumpjuimpjumpjump...you should be able to figure it out as you are one smart dude.

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

Sometimes it just easier to go round though right? ;)
~lickies, Ludo
pee ess: You should totally get a little brother!

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

Hope all is going well.

We want to say we appreciate your kind words about Essex.

Sherman & Dog Dad