Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This week's class

It was 6 degrees outside when we left for class yesterday! Thank goodness we had something indoors to do.  

To get me warmed up and ready, mom had me do tricks and then one jump and then some tunnels. I had a really good time just doing one tunnel several times in a row. Class was centered around tunnels - including a straight tunnel. We worked on some serpentine handling and some rear crosses at tunnels. I had the best time ever in agility class! At one point, Susan (our instructor) was challenging mom to see if mom could put me in the straight tunnel and beat me to the end to do a blind cross before the tire. And mom COULD NOT beat me! It was funny because she was gasping and all out of breath.

When class was over, I didn't want to leave the ring. Susan gave me some liver treats, and I thought she was my new mom! :)  

Possible secrets to my success: warming up with tunnels got me all excited and no one videoed me! Bring out the camera and you can be assured of getting the slowest performances ever! Haha!

Gotta zoom!


Ricky




9 comments:

Sara said...

That's wonderful Ricky! And I agree, the best runs are the ones captured in our memories, not the video camera.

I'm glad you and your mom had a good class. I bet your mom was feeling all warm and fuzzy inside on her drive home. Good way to conquer the cold weather.

corbinwooten said...

That is awesome! Glad you had fun, Ricky! Bet your mom had fun too :)

And don't worry, neither of my dogs are very loyal when it comes to liver treats either!!

Sagira said...

Way to go! Hope you come back to the trials soon.

Dawn said...

Hey Ricky! I'm so happy you are having fun at school! Isn't it fun to get out and play with tunnels and stuff! Katie loves tunnels and jumps, weaves and the rest...not as much. It's been over a year though since we tried anything. We didn't even lug it out this summer. I'm a bad mama....

Cowspotdog said...

that is seriously cold - you are lucky your Mom took you - I don't think our Mom would of stepped outside if was that cold here. Glad you are back to having fun little guy

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

That is so cool, and how lucky to have a class with lots of tunnels, and to make tricks part of the whole thing! Soooo glad you are back to agility, and having so much fun doing it Ricky...;-). So glad you found some fun that did not involve being out in that cold, that sounds sooooo cold! Stay warm!

Diana said...

WTG!! So glad you have having fun!!

Lian said...

Fantastic! Glad you have so much fun! I am sure you are si happy to back in class.

Anonymous said...

It makes me so happy to read that you're having such a good time at agility class again!